This is the basic chapter of HEALTHIA® modules. It helps you understand how your body works, what health influences do hormones have on your body functioning. The chapter lasts 2 hours and it comprises:
- Central nervous system (CNS)
- Neuromuscular system and the function of Vitamin D
- Osteoporosis (OP)
WHAT YOU GET
- Physiology: a popular explanation of the body functioning regarding the hormones that influence your body at most when being stressed, constantly tired, burned out, overweight, depressed, having insomnia or if being in the middle age when health changes naturally occur, being in perimenopause or andropause. Explanation on how is your ‘hunger’ centre working? Why are the brains of overweight people always ‘hungry’, where lays the problem? And many more interesting facts. Get to know how you function so you’ll know how to solve the problem.
- Hormones and hormonal glands with a focus on thyroid hormones, cortisol, insulin (glycaemic stress), leptin, ghrelin, melatonin, growth hormone, decline in sex hormones and their implications on health. What happens when there are imbalances? What are hormone disrupters and what is their prevalence? What is hormonal imbalance (HI) after all? Difference between the vitamins and hormones.
- CNS. Simple explanation of how endocrine system (hormones) affects the functioning of the CNS. Why is our mind set so important for our integrative well-being and being healthy? Further to that, a simple physiology explanation of certain conditions such as depression, sleep disorders, cognitive decline, memory problems and similar.
- Neuromuscular system and Vitamin D role, as well as other vitamin D functions in the body.
- OP: bones, and why there is often an increased degradation in the middle age.