The obtained physiology knowledge in HEALTHIA® Hormones module will be reflected into the needs after the nutrients. By this time you will already have an idea of what your body really needs in order to properly carry out its processes, be it from different nutritional food groups: fats, carbohydrates, proteins, salt, vitamins (water- and fat-soluble), microelements and macroelements. Why do we need to drink enough water?
WHAT YOU GET
1) We Discuss
- make an overview through the counselling process,
- Have a look on your eating habits and behaviour (food choices and timing),
- Discuss your lifestyle that might influence your health,
- Look at your health, see if there is any medication,
- Set the reachable weight loss goal with no relapses,
- Boost your motivation for a successful long-term effect;
2) Together we will
- Define personal needs for a daily calorie input,
- Make a balance evaluation in your food habits, nutrition intake but also stress balance,
- You will learn about macro- and micronutrients,
- You will be able to do a macronutrient breakdown and understand the necessity of micronutrients,
- You will be able to distinguish between good and bad fat (learn about cholesterol, hydrogenated fats), sugar and sweeteners, hidden sugar, refined food, healthy food in common,
- You will be able to set up your own correct food intakes by macronutrients based upon food categories (carbohydrates, proteins, fat),
- Define the weight loss plan (how many kg in what time to be controlled and healthy),
- See about your potential (at least small; can be home-based exercise,
- You will use a very handy application for your daily intake overview,
- You will learn about other ‘tricks’ to make your eating behaviour better,
- Have a look into how to conquer your hunger cravings,
- Bring you into a new, healthy eating lifestyle;
Points 1 + 2 last about 4 hours.
FURTHER WE CONTINUE & YOU GET
3) Weight Loss Phase on Skype video, where we
- Review your success and acknowledge your action,
- Follow up and review your food diary (also what was cooked at home and eaten in a restaurant),
- Talk about challenges and obstacles and find the needed solutions,
- make a food plan for the following week;
Point 3: 1x 30mins meeting per week (if desired more often) for one month.
4) Intermediate Follow up online chats (monthly)
- Follow up on the weight maintenance eals,
- Contact counselor with meal- and food-related questions,
- If desired include more adjusted exercise;
Point 4: 1x 30mins meeting per 2 weeks (if successful, only monthly).
In the follow up session we boost up and review your new lifestyle comprehension and also discuss the potential obstacles and weaknesses, if any to safely keep you in the desired weight.
ALL OVER YOU WILL OBTAIN
- the knowledge on how to fix your hormonal imbalance with the help of the correct food choices. You will learn what nutrients your meals have to include daily to help the body overcome disbalance also from this perspective.
- Your coach, Darja Ribarič, who will supervise you and continue in parallel with you to bring your behavioural changes into effect. She will coach you for the right food quality intake and its rhythm.
- You will get simple management solutions of the health changes with the correct food choice.
- Glycemic stress – what exactly is it? Understand the glycemic index of different foods and its impact on the body. Why can glycemic stress start much before the middle age and potentially cause us huge health problems, if we don’t understand it and respect it?
- Upon gathering this knowledge you will now freely ‘create’ healthy meals (on the paper) and learn about their correct consistence and essential nutrients while being supervised by a coach. Proper nutrition does not mean less food. It means an appropriate nutrient content and also a proper quantity of them. Healthy food has beneficial effects on our vitality, mood, immune system, the whole body energy and more.
You will also get the answers to the important questions:
- Why is it wise to check the content labels on the food products?
- Why is it better to consume unprocessed food, like brown rice, brown sugar instead of the processed food? Which oil to choose? Why was red meat recently ranked by World Health Organisation (WHO) onto the list of carcinogenic nutrients? And many more useful advices.
- How is a modern diet in our quick everyday burdened with additional hormones and antibiotics. How does this affect you?
- What meaning do the genetically modified organisms (GMOs) have for our diet? How are GMOs conceived in the EU?
- What means bio-food, super-food? Is it worth to go to the stand with eco-food and pay more?
- What are food supplements? Should I take them? What function do they have in my diet? Are they really necessary and if yes, which ones?
- How DO sweeteners affect our body? And spices? A chewing gum?
- Why is it necessaryto drink the recommended amount of water per day? How to monitor the water quantity consumption? Quality of the tap water.
- “Why do coffee and alcohol affect my health and influence my mood differently today as they did in the past?” Shall I really start avoiding them?